Friday 8 June 2012

This week's update

I have nothing much to write this week, not many earnings, so no straddle plays this week. There will be many earning reports from stocks highly volatile on the week of July 30th, just saying.
This week have been a good week for the market, with many picks also soaring high. The list of stocks includes Wal-Mart WMT, Kimberly-Clark KMB, Disney DIS, Ross Stores ROST and AT&T T, to a certain extent.
On options, this week have been a good week too, with Men's Wearhouse MW straddle performing best with a gain of 58%, Cooper COO doing also very well with a gain of 36%. Altera ALTR brought a loss of 34% and Oracle ORCL was cancelled due to the wrong earnings date my source provided. Sorry for that.
The market have somewhat recovered from their large fall last week but I do not think that that was the bottom. There was no "final panic selling" like there was in March 2009, people aren't exactly bearish (in fact they're bullish), and so for these reasons, not bottomed yet. There is still lots of "fun" coming up, Greece is going to the polls on June 17, that will be the biggest event this month. That will affect the market, it decides the fate of Greece. Also on Greece, I just read that the Greek government may run out of cash as early as July. Taxpayers cannot pay the government money and the government itself does not have enough money to support itself and needs the EU's help, desperately. I have thought that it will default since early this year and I'm maintaining my stand on that. As for the other countries like Spain, Italy, etc., I believe that the EU government will not let them get out of the EU or default, so Eurobonds are highly possible in the near future.
I'm reading some books now to increase my investment knowledge so I will just stop here, and continue reading. Hope to present more information to you all in the future. Thanks for reading!

For a profitable week!

No comments:

Post a Comment